HalfDedi Acceptable Use PolicyThis document sets forth the principles, guidelines and requirements of the Acceptable Use Policy of HalfDedi. ('Company') governing the use by the Customer ('Customer') of the Company's services and products ('Services and Products'). The Purpose of the HalfDedi Acceptable Use Policy, hereinafter referred to as the AUP, is to comply with all federal, state, and local laws coupled with protecting the network security, network availability, physical security, Customer privacy, and other factors affecting the services provided by HalfDedi. HalfDedi reserves the right to impose reasonable rules and regulations regarding the use of its services provided to all Customers and such rules and regulations are subject to change. Such rules and regulations are located on the Internet at http://www.halfdedi.com/aup.html. The AUP is not an all-inclusive or exhaustive list and HalfDedi reserves the right to modify the AUPs at any time as needed, effective upon either the posting of the modified AUPs to http://www.halfdedi.com/aup.html or notification to the Customer via email. Any violation of the AUPs may result in the suspension or termination of your account or such other action as HalfDedi deems appropriate. No credits will be issued for any interruption in service resulting from policy violations.
VIOLATION OF ANY SECTION OF THE AUP IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF THE SERVICES YOU RECEIVE FROM HALFDEDI.
Any questions or comments regarding the AUP should be directed to email@example.com
Internet Abuse, System and Network Security
You may not use HalfDedi' network to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user of the HalfDedi or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the information;
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of
advertisement delivery software unless:
- the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and
- the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems; (such as Microsoft's "ad/remove" tool)
- Running chat servers or clients, including (but not limited to) IRC servers, IRC clients, Instant Messaging proxies, and web-based chat programs.
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the HalfDedi network or website, or HalfDedi' employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a HalfDedi system or network or to breach HalfDedi's security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without HalfDedi's express written consent.
Customer Security Obligation
Each Customer must use reasonable care in keeping software they run on the HalfDedi's servers up-to-date and patched with the latest security updates. Failure to use reasonable care to protect your account may result in a security compromise by outside sources. A compromised server creating network interference will result in immediate Customer notification and will be disconnected from the network immediately so as to not directly affect other Customers. No service credits will be issued for outages resulting from disconnection due to breached server security.* The Customer is solely responsible for any breaches of security under Customer control affecting servers. If a Customer intentionally creates a security breach, the cost to resolve any damage to Customer's server or other servers will be charged directly to the Customer. *
Mass Mailings: HalfDedi has a zero tolerance policy on SPAM, Junk E-mail or UCE. Spam, Junk-mail and UCE are defined as: the sending of the same, or substantially similar, unsolicited electronic mail messages, whether commercial or not, to more than one recipient. A message is considered unsolicited if it is posted in violation of a newsgroup charter or if it is sent to a recipient who has not requested or invited the message. UCE also includes e-mail with forged headers, compromised mail server relays, and false contact information. This prohibition extends to the sending of unsolicited mass mailings from another service, which in any way implicates the use of HalfDedi whether or not the message actually originated from our servers.
Mailing Lists: HalfDedi mass mailing rules also apply to mailing lists, list servs, or mailing services you may contract with. The policy is stated as follows: An acceptable mailing list will be focused at a targeted audience that has voluntarily signed up for your e-mail information or that has made their e-mail address available for distribution of information from you. ALL recipients have confirmed willingness to be added to a distribution list by clicking on confirmation links or (preferably) by responding to verification emails. Distributed messages include valid headers, removal instructions, and information on the method by which the subscribed addresses were obtained. The list must also allow for automatic removal by all end Customers with non-distribution in the future. No deviations from this policy will be allowed.
You may not publish or transmit via HalfDedi' network and equipment any content or links to any content that HalfDedi reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, fosters, or promotes child pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person's copyright, trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to HalfDedi; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against HalfDedi by offended viewers.
Content "published or transmitted" via HalfDedi's network or equipment includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use HalfDedi's network or equipment to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, images, or other work protected by copyright law. HalfDedi may terminate the service of copyright infringers.
HalfDedi may without notice to you, suspend your service or remove
any content transmitted via the HalfDedi service if it discovers facts
that lead it to reasonably believe your service is being used in
violation of this AUP. You must cooperate with HalfDedi's reasonable
investigation of any suspected violation of the AUP. HalfDedi will
attempt to contact you prior to suspension of network access to your
server(s), however, prior notification is not assured.
You are strictly responsible for the violation of this AUP, including violation by your customers, and including violations that occur due to unauthorized use of your service.
Suspension and Cancellation
HalfDedi reserves the right to suspend service to any Customer, located on our servers for violation of the AUP. HalfDedi will notify the Customer and attempt to resolve the problem in a method resulting in the least amount of service interference as reasonably possible. However, HalfDedi reserves the right to decide what is defined as 'reasonable.' For single or for continued and repeated violations of the AUP or, at HalfDedi's discretion, to prevent a violation of the AUP, HalfDedi reserves the right to:
1. Terminate service without notice for single or for continued and repeated violations of the AUP
2. Limit Customer access to services or implement service and resource usage restrictions.
3. Require the Customer to upgrade to a higher service plan, at HalfDedi discretion.
HalfDedi shall be the sole determining party concerning which of the above actions shall be taken, and will reserve the right to reverse or revise (its) decision at any time. Continued violations of the AUP resulting in cancellation of services will also result in a fee in the amount of US $500 and contract acceleration for all amounts outstanding under the contract term.